PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Domestic terminal to move on Saturday

pingerlo
20.12.2012, 11:12
Domestic terminal to move on Saturday

by Wasti Atmodjo Bali Daily/Denpasar (http://www.thejakartapost.com/bali-daily/2012-12-20/domestic-terminal-move-saturday.html#) on 2012-12-20
Perum Angkasa Pura (PAP) I, the state-owned airport management company, plans to temporarily move the domestic departure terminal to the newly finished international terminal at Ngurah Rai International Airport in Tuban by Saturday, Dec. 22.

Purwanto, general manager of PAP I, explained that the massive renovation project at Ngurah Rai airport had reached 60 percent completion. It is expected that the Rp 2 trillion (US$208 million) renovation project will complete by June 2013 in readiness for the upcoming Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Summit.

“Moving the domestic terminal for departing flights is aimed at accelerating completion of the renovation. Meanwhile, domestic arrivals will remain in the existing terminal,” explained Purwanto.

He said that initially the move was to start on Thursday, Dec. 20. “But we are facing technical problems with all the systems — airlines, ticketing and other supporting services. Moving a terminal means changing the whole system,” Purwanto added.

The new international terminal will cover an area of 129,000 square meters when completed. The temporary domestic departure terminal would only use one ninth of the total 15,000 square meter area on the first floor, Purwanto said.

The company will provide new facilities at the temporary terminal, including 20 check-in counters, 15 ticketing counters, four ground handling areas, a waiting room with capacity for 1,200 passengers and three departure gates.

“PAP I will also employ 24 greeting staff to give information to passengers during this transition period,” he added.

PAP I has also established close coordination with airlines and other relevant agencies, including PT PLN (the state-owned electricity provider), telecommunication provider PT Telkom, PT PDAM (the city tap water company) and Pertamina (the state-owned oil and gas company).

I Ketut Ardana, chairman of the Association of Indonesian Tour and Travel Agencies (ASITA) Bali chapter, was hoping that the renovation of Ngurah Rai would be complete soon. “We have informed our partners and clients from all over the world about potential chaos during arrivals and departures in Bali because of this major renovation project.”

Quelle: Bali Daily
Link: http://www.thejakartapost.com/bali-daily/2012-12-20/domestic-terminal-move-saturday.html#

liebe gruesse michael
;)

Lafyu
21.12.2012, 08:26
Hallo Michael,

viele Dank für die Info. Eventuel fliege ich nächste Woche nochmal kurzfristig hin.
Beim letzten Mal im Oktober + November war es schon recht chaotisch.

Gruß
Olaf